Ringing is only by arrangement and usually for weddings and special services.
Sunday Ringing times
First Sunday St Johns Lea Marston 9.15 for 9.30am
Second Sunday St Cuthberts Shustoke 9.00 for 9.30am
Third Sunday St Leonards Over Whitacre 10.45 for 11am
Fourth Sunday St Giles Nether Whitacre 10.30 for 11am
Fifth Sunday St Giles Nether Whitacre 9.30 for 10am joint service
However ringing is only regular at St Giles Church - please check for all other services
1 John Taylor & Co, Loughborough 1873 5-1-13 29.50" 1254.0Hz (D#+12c)
2 John Rudhall, Gloucester 1791 5½ cwt 30.25" 1059.0Hz (C+21c)
3 John Taylor & Son, Loughborough 1855 6-1-08 32.50" 985.0Hz (B-5c)
Hung for anticlockwise ringing in a wooden frame, possibly dating from 1793 as this is carved into the frame alone side the intials "T P", with fittings supplied in 1907 by James Barwell of Birmingham, at a cost of £33-2-6. These bells were made ringable in 1979 following attention by Gordon Lane and David Howell to stop the frame moving around in the tower.
The three nominals are D#+ 13c, C + 21, B - 5. The spacing of the bells from treble to second to tenor is roughly 3 semitones and 1 semitone. This is not a combination that occurs in a major diatonic scale. The middle bell is a semitone flat of where it "should" be.
The present tenor replaces one cast in 1629, weighing 5-2-7. Vestry records show that by 1873 the treble had been cracked for some time. The old west tower was taken down and rebuilt in its present form as a North Western tower in 1876-7, the bells being transferred and the old frame and fittings reused. They all retain their canons. The two tenors have been quarter turned but the treble has not been turned.